Thursday, April 9, 2015

2015 Australian narrow gauge convention

 Last weekend I travelled to Bowral to attend the 2015 Australian narrow gauge convention. I really enjoy attending the narrow gauge conventions and this was the ninth one that I have attended. It is always great to catch up with friends, meet new friends, develop some new skills at the clinics and blow the budget at the retailers.

One of the highlights of the conventions is the contest room. This year was no exception, and the modelling was at a very high standard.

Peter Giblett's model of Walhalla fire station that won
 first place in the structures


Laurie Green's winning diorama
John Hunters diorama which came second in the diorama section
 and won the Geoff Nott memorial award


Laurie Greens winning entry in the new prototype scene competition
Peter MacDonald's won first place in the steam locomotives with this stunning
On30 model of G41
 



Grant McAdams cast building
I did take a model to the contest room which I will cover in my next post. The next convention will be held in 2017 at Geelong Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment